Interview Question: Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
Strategy and Approach to an Answer:
When an interview asks you this question they are trying to get a better understanding of your level of dependability, focus, and commitment. Therefore, even though you may not know where you see yourself 10 minutes after the interview, it is very important to answer this question without hesitation.
Your strategy to this question should focus on initially completing the challenge at hand. After that you can change focus and discuss your long term career goals. Your answer should not include personal or family goals.
List of Standard Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself?
- Describe your employment history
- What are your major strengths?
- What are your major weaknesses?
- What prompted your decision to apply for this position?
- What do you know about this company?
- What’s your greatest achievement to date?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- Why do you want to work in this industry?
- Why should we hire you rather than someone else?
- Why weren’t your grades better?
- What have you gained from your work/school experiences?
- Why didn’t you participate more in extracurricular activities?
- What difficulties have you faced on the job?
- What do you put as an objective for a resume?
- Do you have any questions?