Interview Question: What do you know about this company?
Strategy and Approach to an Answer:
Describe your first or a recent encounter with the company or its products and services. What would be particularly motivating to you about working there as opposed to working the same type of job in a different company? The recruiter will look for evidence of genuine interest and more than just surface research on the company. Reciting the annual report isn’t likely to impress most recruiters, but feedback from customers and employees will.
Example of an Answer:
I served as an intern to a bank analyst last summer, so I followed all major domestic banks closely. What you’ve done especially well is focus on the consumer and electronic banking network. I’m particularly interested in your e-commerce marketing group.
List of Standard Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself?
- Describe your employment history
- What are your major strengths?
- What are your major weaknesses?
- What prompted your decision to apply for this position?
- What do you know about this company?
- What’s your greatest achievement to date?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- Why do you want to work in this industry?
- Why should we hire you rather than someone else?
- Why weren’t your grades better?
- What have you gained from your work/school experiences?
- Why didn’t you participate more in extracurricular activities?
- What difficulties have you faced on the job?
- What do you put as an objective for a resume?
- Do you have any questions?