Interview Question: What prompted your decision to apply for this position?
Strategy and Approach to an Answer:
When an interviewer asks this question they are trying to find out:
- What motivates you?
- What level of desire you have for the job?
- How much you know about the job?
If this is a position that you really desire this question should not be difficult to answer. Your strategy to answering this question should be to link your interest and enthusiasm to the skills and knowledge that are most relevant to the position.
List of Standard Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself?
- Describe your employment history
- What are your major strengths?
- What are your major weaknesses?
- What prompted your decision to apply for this position?
- What do you know about this company?
- What’s your greatest achievement to date?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- Why do you want to work in this industry?
- Why should we hire you rather than someone else?
- Why weren’t your grades better?
- What have you gained from your work/school experiences?
- Why didn’t you participate more in extracurricular activities?
- What difficulties have you faced on the job?
- What do you put as an objective for a resume?
- Do you have any questions?