Interview Question: What are your major weaknesses?
Strategy and Approach to an Answer:
This question sounds like it is a question for the employer to find out about your shortcomings, however this is not the case. The rational for this question is to determin your level of awareness of your shortcomings as an employee.
When you answer this questions it is important for you to avoid discussing any weaknesses that may hinder your job performance or disclose any personal issues. You should choose a weakness before an interview. You should also be able to tell the interviewer steps that you took to overcome the weakness.
List of Standard Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself?
- Describe your employment history
- What are your major strengths?
- What are your major weaknesses?
- What prompted your decision to apply for this position?
- What do you know about this company?
- What’s your greatest achievement to date?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- Why do you want to work in this industry?
- Why should we hire you rather than someone else?
- Why weren’t your grades better?
- What have you gained from your work/school experiences?
- Why didn’t you participate more in extracurricular activities?
- What difficulties have you faced on the job?
- What do you put as an objective for a resume?
- Do you have any questions?