Interview Question: Why do you want to work in this industry?
Strategy and Approach to an Answer:
Tell a story about how you became interested in this type of work. Point out any similarities between the job you’re interviewing for and your current or most recent job. Provide proof that you aren’t simply shopping around in this interview. Make your passions for you work a theme that you allude to continually throughout the interview.
Example of an Answer:
I’ve always wanted to work in an industry that makes tools. One of my hobbies is home-improvement projects, so I’ve collected a number of power tools manufactured by your company. I could be an accountant anywhere, but I’d rather work for a company whose products I trust.
List of Standard Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself?
- Describe your employment history
- What are your major strengths?
- What are your major weaknesses?
- What prompted your decision to apply for this position?
- What do you know about this company?
- What’s your greatest achievement to date?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- Why do you want to work in this industry?
- Why should we hire you rather than someone else?
- Why weren’t your grades better?
- What have you gained from your work/school experiences?
- Why didn’t you participate more in extracurricular activities?
- What difficulties have you faced on the job?
- What do you put as an objective for a resume?
- Do you have any questions?